A new icon for high-performance yachts.
A sensational large luxury yacht was launched at the beginning of February from the Overmarine’s private wharf in Viareggio, Italy.
With a length overall of 50 metres and a top speed of 40 knots, Mangusta 165 E is still firmly at the top of the maxi open category for her size class.
Compared with the other Overmarine yachts in the 165 series, this yacht is characterized by new “evolution” aesthetics. These changes give the yacht a unique character and distinguish her markedly from the previous vessels.
The usable area available on the fly bridge has been increased, allowing for much more available space. The most panoramic deck on the yacht has been expanded to a trully extraordinary degree, offering huge spaces for the utmost relaxation in complete privacy.
The interiors are the definition of the contemporary luxury thanks to the refined elegance of a sophisticated decorative style. An incredible assortment of more than 15 different wood types, leather and at least 10 different varieties of marble and onyx creates a spectacular design. Like every other Mangusta, she features entirely customized interiors.
From a technical point of view, the new Mangusta 165 E offers some important new features like four engines, each with maximum power of 2,600 HP. The Rolls-Royce hydrojet propulsion units have also been updated to the new pump type in order to achieve superior performance and reduced consumption. The result is that this yacht can reach similar speeds as in the past but consumes 35% less at 20 and 30 knots.
With the new Mangusta 165 E, the Italian shipyard has reached new heights of exellence in terms of quality of design and production of it’s yachts. Everything ensures high performance, complete dynamic stability and safty, even at high speeds.
Mangusta 165 E technical specifications:
- Length Overall: 163’ 71’’ ft/ 49.90 M
- Displacement at full load: 300 T
- Beam: 30’ 18’’ ft/ 9.2 M
- Max draft: 6’ 56’’ / 2 M
- Fuel capacity: 10,567 US gallons / 40,000 L
- Water capacity: 1,057 US gallons / 4,000 L
- Max speed half load: approx. 33 knots
- Cruising speed: approx. 25 knots
- Max range economical cruising speed: approx. 800 nautical miles
- Engines: 4 x MTU diesel engines 16V2000 M94 2600 HP each
- Transmission: 2 x Kamewa 71S3NP + 2 x Kamewa 63B3NP (booster)
- Guests: 4 cabins (up to 10 people) as per Owner’s request (6 cabins as standard)
- Crew: 5 cabins (up to 10 people)