FINE HOTELS & RESORTS and The Hotel Collection Now Offer 1,400 Properties in More Than 500 Destinations, Adding Best-in-Class Locations with Exclusive Hotel Benefits for Card Members
American Express Travel a global full-service travel and related lifestyle services provider, has added 281 new global hotel properties to its FINE HOTELS & RESORTS and The Hotel Collection programs this year, introducing a select group of best-in-class properties that deliver valuable benefits and exceptional experiences for Card Members.
American Express Travel curates these programs through a rigorous screening process and accepts only a small percentage of hotel applicants into their programs each year. Hotel properties are assessed using a variety of factors, and those with the best product offering, most exceptional service and highest Card Member satisfaction are invited to join the programs.
“Our Card Members are avid travelers who expect a certain travel experience, whether they’re on a once-in-a-lifetime international adventure trip or spontaneous weekend getaway in a nearby city,” said Allison Beer, Vice President, Strategic Partnerships, American Express Travel. “To ensure we’re exceeding their expectations and offering the very best selection of hotels in our programs, we carefully analyze aggregated card spend data, independent property evaluations, and most importantly, the direct feedback we receive from our Card Members.”
Trending Destinations and Unique Classifications enhance FINE HOTELS & RESORTS
Created 25 years ago and one of the longest standing programs in the industry, FINE HOTELS & RESORTS added 129 new properties for 2016. Properties from three new brands will also be added to CENTURION FINE HOTELS & RESORTS: Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Rosewood Hotels & Resorts, and Oetker Collection.
These brands join existing CENTURION brands Aman, Belmond, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group, The Peninsula Hotels, and St. Regis. Additionally, FINE HOTELS & RESORTS introduced four new trending destinations to its luxury portfolio, including Mendoza, Argentina; Bogota, Colombia; Fes, Morocco and Algarve, Portugal.
The new FINE HOTELS & RESORTS properties include:
- The Miami Beach Edition, a design-focused lifestyle resort located on a private enclave in the heart of Miami Beach
- Boutique hotel Zero George Street, established in five restored early nineteenth century residential buildings and offering 18 guestrooms and suites in the heart of Charleston’s historic district
- Eden Rock – St Barths, one of the most desirable Caribbean escapes: an intimate hotel perched on a rocky expanse above a white-sand beach that offers two restaurants from acclaimed chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten.
Additionally, FINE HOTELS & RESORTS introduced new collections, designed to match travelers with their ideal accommodations, highlighting establishments that fall within three distinct areas:
- Boutique: intimate hotels and resorts, usually independently-owned and with less than 75 rooms;
- Design: properties that emphasize art and a singular – usually contemporary, design aesthetic;
- Card Member Favorites: properties that Card Members know, love and would recommend highly to other Card Members
Platinum Card Members who book with American Express Travel and stay at a FINE HOTELS & RESORTS property receive added benefits and services to elevate their stay, including guaranteed 4pm late checkout; room upgrade, upon arrival, when available; daily breakfast for two; noon check-in, when available; complimentary Wi-Fi; and an additional special amenity unique to each property, such as a $100 food and beverage credit or a massage for two people.